Multicultural women entrepreneurs are the fastest-growing entrepreneurial segment in the nation. Founded by Howard alum, Natalie Madeira Cofield, the organization is proud to announce the Walker’s Legacy Scholarship for Enterprising Women a $25,000 five-year scholarship to support enterprising students enrolled at the Howard University School of Business.
Awardees of the grant will also receive a lifetime membership to Walker’s Legacy, complimentary access to all Walker’s Legacy programming for the scholarship award year, mentorship by Founder & CEO, Natalie Madeira Cofield, and access to Walker’s Legacy support resources and networks.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be a rising senior with demonstrated financial need
- Self-identify as a woman or non-binary entrepreneur
- Must be in good academic standing with a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be majoring in a degree program or discipline at the Howard University School of Business
- Have a legally registered business
The business must be scalable, high impact, or a socially missioned effort (non-profits are not eligible)
- Finalist must present a 5 slide deck on the business endeavors to an appointed scholarship committee
- Scholarship funds may only be applied to tuition, room, and board balances.
- Student must have a demonstrated financial need and awards must not supplement other financial aid offerings that would result in a positive account balance with the university.
The $5,000 scholarship will be provided in installments of $2,500 per academic semester for a total of one year of funding.
To apply for the Walker’s Legacy Scholarship for Enterprising Women click here.
Application deadline: January 31, 2021
Scholarships to be awarded for Fall 2021 academic year.