BAM is dedicated to supporting the continued growth and development of black employees and encouraging students to pursue a career in technology.
Blacks at Microsoft (BAM) Scholarships
This year BAM will award 27 scholarships totaling $175,000:
- Four (4) $20,000 scholarships distributed over 4 years ($5,000 per year, renewable)
- Eight (8) $10,000 scholarships distributed over 2 years ($5,000 per year, renewable)
- 15 – $1,000 one -time scholarships
The BAM Scholarship was created to enable Black and African American students to attend college and pursue a career in technology. The goal is to empower future generations to do and be more.
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
- Be a US-based high school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, Ethiopian, etc.)
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the US in the fall immediately following your high school graduation
- Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing)
- Demonstrate a passion for technology
- Demonstrate leadership at school or in the community
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Require financial assistance to attend college
To learn more, visit: www.microsoft.com/en-us/diversity/programs/blacks-scholarships.aspx